There are several mountain bike routes suited for the novice as well as serious rider.
The surface, although mostly dirt roads, are relatively flat and manageable but in certain cases could pose some technical challenges,
There are about 20km of service roads that transverse the nature reserve, allowing for a comfortable ride. Game viewing on route is an added bonus.
Seweweekspoort, a flatter but beautiful ride, is about 40 min away from Rietfontein.
Rietfontein MTB (Mountain Bike) Monthly TT (Time Trial) Competition – Ladies and Men
How to enter:
- The competition is limited to and free to Rietfontein Guest Farm guests.
- Book the time for your TT a day prior to your ride.
- There are two categories – Ladies and Men.
- Only official times taken and signed by the organisers will be taken into consideration.
- For your entry to be valid you must “Like” the Rietfontein Guest Farm Page on Facebook.
The monthly prize for this MTB Monthly TT (Time Trial) Contest is an exclusive Rietfontein Coffee Mug in our Ladies and Men categories. There is only one mug like it in the world. They are individually produced for the mountain bikers with the best time of the month and can only be owned by one person, the winners of the MTB Monthly TT Contest in each category.
The Grand prize is a free 2 day stay at Rietfontein Guest Farm in 2019, dates of your choice, subject to availability and it goes to the riders in the Ladies and Gents categories with the best time for the month overall for the period 1 January to 31 December 2018.
1. Only guests of Rietfontein Guest Farm qualify to take part in the MTB Monthly TT Contest and must “Like” the Rietfontein Guest Farm page on Facebook.
2. The TT distance is 18.5km.
3. Guests must be 18+ to compete in this MTB TT contest. Guests under 18 must have parents consent to enter the competition.
4. Time trials are done one by one and no assistance from anyone or anything is allowed.
5. Competitor’s time trial start must be pre-booked for the next day. Last minute time trial bookings cannot be accommodated.
6. Only trial times that have been overseen and recorded by the organisers will qualify for this contest.
7. MTB TT Contest will be held on a monthly basis for the year 2018, starting 1 January 2018.
8. Times and route will be checked by tracker.
9. The winner will be the riders (Ladies and Men categories) with the best time for that month.
10. Entries without the organiser’s signature will not be considered.
11. Rietfontein Guest Farm, its owners or its employees accepts no responsibility for any possible damage, injury or loss.
12. Riders participate at own risk.
13. The decision of the organisers is final.