Terms and Conditions
RIGHT OF ADMISSION RESERVED
- Terms and Conditions – Please Take Note: English dictionary definition of Self-catering. adj. – denoting accommodation in which the tenant or visitor provides and prepares his own food (and supply their own consumables).
- Solar lights (12 volt), hot showers (gas), stove/oven and fridge/freezer (gas), additional oil lamps and candles – unfortunately no hairdryers, no mobile phone chargers or 220V power sockets.
- We allow you to make a fire at Rietfontein, as we know it makes your experience more enjoyable, but please be careful and put out your outside fires and do not dump any hot ashes in the bushes because of the continuous threat of bush fires.
- Collecting firewood or any type of wood on the farm is strictly forbidden. Firewood is available and sold at reception for cash only.
- Strictly no more than 4 persons per cottage. If you arrive with more than the booked number of people you will be refused check-in or pay full price for an additional cottage, if available. If this does not suit you, or there is no cottages available you are welcome to leave and forfeit any payments made.
- We are in a water sensitive area, please use water sparingly and pay attention to the wood-fired hot tub water usage instructions.
- NO MUSIC ALLOWED (due to past experience): Rietfontein is a wildlife area and nature reserve. Visitors book here for the peace and tranquility of the area. Please respect that.
- NO PARTIES (due to past experience): Rietfontein Guest Farm is not a party venue.
- Respect the fact that you are not the only guests at Rietfontein Guest Farm.
- Children….read more
- All farm buildings and areas are out of bounds and strictly no entry unless otherwise indicated. This is for guests own safety.
- Strictly No Day visitors allowed.
- Unfortunately no pets allowed.
- NO MOTORCYCLES ALLOWED (due to past experience).
- NOTE: This is a self catering facility and guests are responsible for their own consumables.
- Group bookings require an additional R2500.00 returnable damages deposit per Cottage. You will be billed separately for the deposit.
Touwsberg Private Nature Reserve
The road through the Touwsberg Private Nature Reserve leading to Rietfontein Guest Farm is a public road and has a courtesy speed limit of 40km per hour due to free roaming wildlife. The Touwsberg Reserve is PRIVATE PROPERTY and you are not allowed to turn off the public road leading to Rietfontein Guest Farm. If you do you are liable to prosecution by the Reserve Management.
Additional Services during your stay (extra charges apply – arranged and payable in advance)
Cleaning Kitchen and Bathroom
Tidying lounge and bedroom
Mopping the floor and patio.
NB: Guests cannot be present while cleaning is in progress.
Cleaning outside area:
Clean braai/barbecue area
Clean outdoor furniture
Tidy-up utensils and braai/barbecue tools.
Supply extra wood @ R35.00 per bag if required (additional charge and Cash only))
NB: Guests cannot be present while cleaning is in progress.
Cost: R250.00 (excl. wood)
N.B. Requests for additional services can only be arranged with the manager, who will give the instructions to the applicable staff member/s.
• No cleaning arrangements or negotiations will be allowed other than with the manager at Rietfontein Guest Farm.
• Strictly no interference with the normal staff duties or activities is allowed.
Office Hours: 08h00 to 17h00
Check in Times
14h00 to 17h00 (Monday to Sunday)
N.B. Please be considerate and respect the check-in times.
Late check-ins could incur additional charges.
Check Out Times
10h00 (Monday to Sunday)
N.B. Please be considerate and respect the check-out times.
Late check-outs could incur additional charges.
Deposit/Cancellation and Non Arrival Policy
No payments are made to third parties for any other services on the client’s behalf. If monies are deposited into Rietfontein Guest Farm’s account incorrectly, no refund shall occur until cleared by our bank.
Deposit to Confirm Booking
• 100% deposit for 7 days or less.
• 50% deposit for more than 7 days is required with 100% payment due before or on arrival.
• Deposit/full payment to be paid by EFT (banking details below) with Proof of Payment to confirm the booking.
• All Bookings for the Season period, 1 December to 31 March require a 100% Deposit with Proof of Payment to confirm the booking.
• Bookings for long weekends and school holidays require a 100% Deposit with Proof of Payment to confirm the booking.
• Long weekends – minimum 3 night stays.
• Refundable damages deposit payable for group bookings (click here to enquire before booking).
• Bookings not confirmed within 48 hours from application will be cancelled and made available for alternative bookings.
Rietfontein Guest Farm has a strict Cancellation policy.
• If cancelled for whatever reason the client will be liable for payment whether a deposit has been received or not.
• Verbal and email bookings are binding as a confirmation of the booking.
• Companies/Travel agencies will also be liable to pay cancellation fees if cancelled.
• Please make sure you or your clients are aware of our policy before accepting accommodation at Rietfontein Guest Farm.
• Any cancellations forfeit 10% of the total booking quote to cover credit card and banking fees.
• Cancellations more than 30 days prior to visit forfeit 50% of the total booking quote.
• Cancellations between 30 and 15 days prior to the visit forfeit 75% of the total booking quote.
• Cancellations between 14 and 1 days prior to the visit forfeit 100% of the total booking quote.
• For non-arrival/no show/premature departure 100% of total booking quoted is payable.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Guests agree on behalf of themselves and the members of their parties that neither the establishment, its owners, employees nor agents shall be responsible for any injury or death of any person or the loss or destruction of or damage to any property upon the premises, whether arising from fire, theft or any cause and by whomsoever caused or arising from the negligence (gross or otherwise) or wrongful act of any person in the employment of Rietfontein Guest Farm.
• Any damage caused by guests to property and equipment due to bad behaviour or carelessness, or keys lost and replaced for security reasons will be for the guests account.
• Facilities used and entering the premises is at own risk.
• Rietfontein Guest Farm is based in a semi-wilderness area and guests may experience close encounters with fauna such as field mice, spiders, birds, snakes and other small animals and insects. We cannot be held liable for any loss or injury that may result from such encounters neither can we guarantee that any of these natural residents will not find their way into your cottage.